Skin Boosting Threads
Skin Boosting Threads are a smooth type of PDO (Polydioxanone) thread used to provide targeted improvement and youthful enhancement. PDO threads are made from an absorbable material that is proven to increase collagen and elastin production, thicken skin, improve texture, balance facial shape, and give the skin an overall boost. Smooth PDO threads are easily placed just beneath the skin and dissolve over time to provide lasting improvement.
How It Works
PDO threads are essentially a great substitute for filler, and even a more effective option for certain areas where crepey skin texture and loss of elasticity are the main concern. The collagen and elastin stimulating properties of PDO threads provide subtle, natural-looking rejuvenation and an overall refreshed appearance.
Great areas for treatment include:
- Under eyes
- Laugh Lines
What To Expect
Be prepared to look and feel amazing without prolonged downtime or discomfort. We use a special numbing technique to ensure your comfort during the treatment. Inserting the threads in place will take about 30-45 minutes, during which time you may feel light pressure. Following the treatment, minimal downtime may be needed. Here are just a few things to be aware of when considering timing of your thread lift:
- Avoid touching, washing or wetting the face for the first 12 hours post-procedure. Basic skincare can be resumed 24 hours after the procedure, but continue to exclude any type of scrubbing, exfoliating, or tugging for about a week.
- Makeup should not be worn for 24 hours post-procedure.
- Be mindful of activity levels. Light movement is fine, but anything that requires lots of exertion, causes blood pressure to be elevated, or strains facial muscles should be avoided for up to a week.
- Facial massages and facials should be avoided for at least 1 month.
- No dental work for at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks following treatment.
- If you have the COVID vaccine planned, make sure it is spaced at least 2 weeks away from your thread treatment.
Not ready to book yet? Check out our gallery of Before & After results here.