What to expect:
Botox is injected into the muscles with a very thin needle. You may feel a slight burning sensation while the solution is being injected. It is not long lasting. The procedure takes about 15-20 minutes and the results last 3-4 months.
These are some contraindication to having treatment:
- Significant autoimmune or neurological diseases
- Currently taking aminoglycoside antibiotics
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
These are some possible side effects:
- Some initial swelling, pain, itching, discoloration, bruising or tenderness at the injection site. You could experience increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site if you are on aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Advil. These reactions generally lessen or disappear within a few days but may last up to two weeks.
- You can purchase Arnica over-the-counter at our office to help alleviate bruising.
- As with all injections, this procedure carries the risk of infection.
Post Treatment Instructions
- For 4 hours after the treatment you should avoid laying flat, strenuous exercise, facials/saunas, and rubbing or manipulating any of the injected areas.
- If you need to apply make-up, use only a gentle touch and avoid rubbing the injection areas.
- Tiny bumps and marks at the injection sites usually disappear within 20-60 mins.
- If you experience bruising, you can take OTC Arnica pellets to speed healing. We do carry this at the office.
- It usually takes 3-5 days for an effect to be seen
- Full treatment effects occur at 14 days afterwards. It is after this time that tweaks, adjustments or additions to your result can take place. Contact the office or your provider if you want to come in for a quick follow-up.
- Results last 3-4 months on average.
- Regular treatment is necessary to maintain results.