You are not a good candidate for this treatment if:
- You are on any type of anticoagulants or blood-thinning medications.
- Have used Accutane in the past 6 months.
- You are pregnant.
- You have a pacemaker or some other heart condition.
- You have a condition correlating with capillaries such as scleroderma.
If you have a history of cold sores, please make sure to notify your provider. In rare cases, ThermoCLEAR can trigger an episode of herpes simplex and may require prophylactic treatment with antiviral medication beforehand.
You may experience redness, scabbing and/or slight bruising from 3-7 days after the treatment and up to 14 days in some cases.
- Avoid direct sun exposure/tanning beds/spray tans for 4 weeks afterwards.
- Use sunscreen SPF 22 or higher at all times.
- Do not tweeze, wax, bleach or have any other type of facial treatment until the skin is healed.
- You can return to your use of anti-aging skincare ingredients once the area is completely healed. Until then use only gentle products.
- You can use makeup the next day.
- If there is discomfort immediately after the treatment, apply an ice pack to the area. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn for up to a few hours. Avoid any trauma to the skin for 24 hours, such as bathing in very hot water, swimming pools, hot tubs or strenuous exercise.
- Keep the area as dry as possible. Do NOT use extra moisturizer. The skin may turn dark brown and then a scab may form. Allow this to fall off naturally. Pulling it off prematurely may risk scarring the skin.
- In most cases, complete recovery takes 1-4 weeks. Rarely, it can take 1-3 months for the skin to heal completely. Do not scratch the scabs as that can cause scarring and prolong the healing time.
- Makeup may be used 24 hours after the treatment, unless there is any sign of bleeding. It is recommended to use fresh makeup or a powdered mineral makeup to reduce the possibility of infection of the new skin.
- You can shower after the treatment with lukewarm water. If extensive work has been done, you may need to apply Aquaphor when you are in the shower and lightly remove it after bathing. Skin should be patted dry and not rubbed. After 24 hours, you can use mild soap to wash the area gently.
- You may experience redness, scabbing, and or/slight bruising from days 3-7 following the treatment. Avoid direct sun exposure/tanning bed/spray tans for 2-3 weeks afterwards. Use sunscreen SPF 22 or higher at all times when going outside in order to decrease the risk of color change (hyperpigmentation) in the area.
- Avoid tweezing, waxing, bleaching, chemical peels, microneedling, lasers and other skin treatments for 4 weeks after treatment.
- Do not use active ingredients such as glycolic acid, vitamin C, or retinol/retin-A until the area has completely healed.
- If you have any questions or concerns following your treatment, please contact your provider or call the office. 858.230.2876
Have You Reviewed Us Yet?
YOU'RE our WHY. Which is why we rely almost solely on your word of mouth. Your reviews are so appreciated because it helps others begin their skincare journey, and keeps us focused on what we love to do most. We'd love to thank you for sharing why you love PFAM in a Google review here. We'll be sending you a thank you offer for your time.