**This treatment requires pre-numbing. Please arrive 45 minutes early for your appointment so that you can have time to be adequately numb. This time is not built into your appointment, so if you do not arrive early we may not be able to do the treatment for you. If you are unable to arrive 45 minutes early for your appointment, please contact our office by phone (858-230-2876) to arrange an alternate numbing plan. Please tell your provider if you have any allergies to numbing medications.*
You may not be a good candidate for this treatment if you have any of the following conditions. Please contact the office or your provider if you are unsure if you should have this treatment performed.
- Presence of an electronic implant (insulin pump, pacemaker, etc).
- Metal plates anywhere within the treatment area.
- Metal allergy
- History of COVID vaccine in the past 2 weeks or plan on getting it in the following 2 weeks after treatment.
- If you have a history of COLD SORES, please make sure your provider is aware of this ahead of time. You may require a prescription medication prior to your appointment in order to decrease the risk of recurrence.
- History of keloid scars, scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases, bleeding disorders, active bacterial or fungal infection, compromised immune system.
- History of facial filler or botox treatment in the past 2 weeks.
- Active acne in the area being treated.
- Accutane treatment within the past 6 months.
- A skin treatment in the past 4 weeks including chemical peel, laser hair removal, microneedling, laser, etc.
- History of skin cancer (current or previous) in the area being treated.
- Avoid taking NSAIDs (Advil, Motrin, Aleve, Aspirin,) for 1 week prior to the treatment to decrease risk of bruising.
- Avoid use of retinol and other exfoliating ingredients for 3 days beforehand.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning beds or spray tans for at least 2 weeks before (and 2 weeks afterwards).
- Stop use of retinol/retin-A 3-5 days prior to treatment.
- A certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after the treatment is expected. If any discomfort persists more than 24 hours, please notify the office or your provider.
- You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days afterwards. You can apply an ice pack during this time in 15 minute intervals 3-4 times per day to help.
- Redness may last 1-3 days.
- Tiny scabs may form 24-72 hours post treatment making the skin feel rough. The scabs should not be touched or scratched or picked at. Please allow them to shed naturally.
- During the first 2-5 days following the treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated area. Avoid hot baths, massage, irritating skin products or exfoliants.
- Post-care skincare: The Post Treatment Lineup can be followed for 4 days following treatment. This lineup includes skincare free of parabens/dyes/fragrances/dimethicone, which can all be harmful during recovery. It is a simple and clean lineup to ensure smooth and easy healing. If not using our Post Treatment Lineup, keep skincare simple with gentle cleanser, moisturizer and SPF for 4 days.
- Active ingredients such as retinols, acids, vitamin C can be resumed on Day 5 if the skin is feeling back to baseline.
- If you want to gently and safely exfoliate flaky skin, we recommend a Dew Puff sponge. Even a washcloth can be too harsh on the skin during the first week after treatment.
- Makeup can be resumed 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning beds/spray tans for at least 2 weeks afterwards.
- Use SPF daily and wear a wide brim hat when outdoors for prolonged periods.
Contact the office or your provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Have You Reviewed Us Yet?
YOU'RE our WHY. Which is why we rely almost solely on your word of mouth. Your reviews are so appreciated because it helps others begin their skincare journey, and keeps us focused on what we love to do most. We'd love to thank you for sharing why you love PFAM in a Google review here. We'll be sending you a thank you offer for your time.