You may not be a good candidate for this treatment if you have any of the following:
- History of COVID vaccine in the past 2 weeks or plan on getting it in the following 2 weeks after treatment.
- If you have a history of COLD SORES, please make sure your provider is aware of this ahead of time. You may require a prescription medication prior to your appointment in order to decrease the risk of recurrence.
- History of keloid scars, scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases, bleeding disorders, active bacterial or fungal infection, compromised immune system.
- History of facial filler or botox treatment in the past 2 weeks.
- Active acne in the area being treated.
- Accutane treatment within the past 6 months.
- Presence of an electronic implant (insulin pump, pacemaker, etc)
- Skin treatment in the past 4 weeks including chemical peel, laser hair removal, microneedling, laser, etc.
- History of skin cancer (current or previous) in the area being treated.
- Metal plates anywhere within the treatment area.
- Metal allergy
- Avoid taking NSAIDs (Advil, Motrin, Aleve, Aspirin,) for 1 week prior to the treatment.
- Avoid use of retinol and other exfoliating ingredients for 3-5 days beforehand.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning beds or spray tans for at least 2 weeks before (and 2 weeks afterwards).
Post Treatment Instructions:
- A certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after the treatment is expected. If any discomfort persists more than 24 hours, please notify the office or your provider.
- You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days afterwards. You can apply an ice pack during this time in 15 minute intervals 3-4 times per day to help.
- Redness may last 1-3 days.
- Tiny scabs may form 24-72 hours post treatment making the skin feel rough. The scabs should not be touched or scratched or picked at. Please allow them to shed naturally.
- During the first 2-5 days following the treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated area. Avoid hot baths, massage, irritating skin products or exfoliants.
- The Post Procedure Lineup should be followed for 4 days afterwards to help prevent infection and irritation.
- Makeup can be resumed 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning beds/spray tans for at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks afterwards.
- Use SPF daily and consider a wide brim hat when outdoors for prolonged periods.