PDO Thread Lift & Skin Boosting Threads
PDO Threads are a minimally invasive option for noticeably rejuvenating facial skin and proportions. These absorbable threads are artfully placed beneath the skin and used to create youthful shape while also stimulating collagen and elastin production. Our San Diego-based thread treatments are designed to fit your goals and compliment your perfect, which is just the way we roll at PFAM. We completely customize the experience for your desired lift, unique skin type, and rejuvenation needs with two distinct treatment options: PDO Thread Lift and Skin Boosting Threads, both offered in our La Jolla office.
PDO Thread Lift in La Jolla
PDO Thread Lift is a treatment that provides an instant facial lift with minimal downtime. Rather than surgically removing and lifting skin into place, Polydioxanone (PDO) threads are anchored into place beneath the skin and adjusted to minimize wrinkles, improve folds, and naturally restore youthful proportions. These dissolvable threads stimulate cell growth and collagen production which will help to support the thread lift and create lasting results for months to come. As the absorbable polymer of the threads dissolves over a period of 3-6 months, they will continue to contour and lift as a result of your body’s own collagen stimulation response. This helps to restore and rejuvenate appearance of the face and neck with results that can last 1-2 years.
Skin Boosting Threads in San Diego
Skin Boosting Threads are a smooth type of PDO threads that are not used with the intention of lifting. Rather, Skin Boosting Threads are used as an alternative to filler, stimulating collagen, softening fine lines, and firming up the treated area. When you come into our San Diego office, you'll see how these smooth threads can be used to treat the skin pretty much anywhere we use filler, even the lips! The Skin Boosting Threads option provides subtle rejuvenation and a noticeably refreshed appearance. This thread treatment can also be paired with PRF (platelet rich fibrin aka ‘next level PRP') to enhance collagen stimulation and bring an incredible glow to any area.
PDO Threads are a great way to smooth wrinkles and lift sagging skin around:
- Under eyes
- Laugh Lines/Nasolabial Folds
- Various body areas
What To Expect From a PDO Thread Lift in La Jolla
Be prepared to look and feel amazing without prolonged downtime. At our San Diego office, we use a special numbing technique to ensure your comfort during the treatment. Inserting and anchoring the threads in place will take about 45 minutes, during which time you may feel light pressure and tightening of the skin. Following the treatment, only a couple days of dedicated downtime may be needed. Here are just a few things to be aware of when considering timing of your thread lift:
- Avoid touching, washing or wetting the face for the first 12 hours post-procedure. Basic skincare can be resumed 48 hours after the procedure, but continue to exclude any type of scrubbing, exfoliating, or tugging.
- Makeup should not be worn for at least 48 hours post-procedure or until the thread entry points close.
- Sleep on your back to minimize facial pressure.
- Be mindful of activity levels. Light movement is fine, but anything that requires lots of exertion, causes blood pressure to be elevated, or strains facial muscles should be avoided for at least a week to 10 days.
- Facial massages and facials should be avoided for at least 1 month.
- No dental work for at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks following treatment.
- If you have the COVID vaccine planned, make sure it is spaced at least 2 weeks away from your thread lift.
Coming in for treatment or have more questions? See PDO Threads Pre and Post treatment information.