We want you to have a pleasant treatment experience. MICRONEEDLING REQUIRES NUMBING CREAM. Please arrive to your appointment 40 MINUTES EARLY in order to allow enough time for you to be adequately numb. Please tell your provider if you have any allergies to numbing medications.
There are some contraindications to having this treatment:
- If you have a history of COLD SORES, please make sure your provider is aware of this ahead of time. You may require a prescription medication prior to your appointment in order to decrease the risk of recurrence.
- History of keloid scars, scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases, bleeding disorders, active bacterial or fungal infection, compromised immune system
- History of facial filler treatment in the past 2 weeks
- Botox within the past 2 hours or plan on getting botox within the next 5 days
- Active acne in the area being treated
- Accutane within the last 6 months
- Use of tanning bed, self-tanning products in the last two weeks (this causes an increased risk of post treatment hyperpigmentation).
- Recent sunburn
Pre Treatment Instructions
- Avoid any skin treatments such as electrolysis, waxing, IPL, or microdermabrasion in the last week
- It is not necessary to stop retinol products beforehand
- Make sure the office or your provider is aware if you want to add PRP (platelet-rich plasma) to your session. PRP enhances results and decreases recovery time (mirconeedling with PRP is aka the Vampire Facial). Optimal results from PRP requires avoidance of NSAID type medications (aspirin, IBuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, Naprosyn, and any anti-inflammatory supplements) for 1 WEEK BEFORE, and 1 week after the treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions
- No exercise for 24 hours.
- Sun avoidance for 7 days, then good protection with a physical SPF and wide brim hat during prolonged exposure.
- Avoid contact of phone with your face.
- The recovery or downtime is 4 days after the treatment. Normal skincare and makeup routine can be resumed on day 5.
- You may begin taking oral Arnica pellets the day before your treatment and for the week after your treatment to assist with risk of bruising, healing and recovery. We do carry these at the office.
- Post care protocol: A mini Post Procedure Kit is provided complimentary with your first session (after that it must be purchased separately). This kit includes skincare free of parabens/dyes/fragrances/dimethicone, which can all be harmful during recovery.
- Day 1+2 the skin will look red like a bad sunburn; there is a risk of micro bruising as well.
- Day 3+4 three may be some darkening of the skin and peeling. This varies from person to person.
- The skin may be dry, flaky, and a bit sensitive for up to 2 weeks afterwards.
- Important social events should be scheduled at least 2 weeks after treatment