**This treatment requires pre-numbing. Please arrive 45 minutes early for your appointment so that you can have time to be adequately numb. This time is not built into your appointment, so if you do not arrive early we may not be able to do the treatment for you. If you are unable to arrive 45 minutes early for your appointment, please contact our office by phone (858-230-2876) to arrange an alternate numbing plan. Please tell your provider if you have any allergies to numbing medications.*
You may not be a good candidate for this treatment if you have any of the following conditions. Please contact the office or your provider if you are unsure if you should have this treatment performed.
- History of COVID vaccine in the past 2 weeks or plan on getting it in the following 2 weeks after treatment
- If you have a history of COLD SORES, please make sure your provider is aware of this ahead of time. You may require a prescription medication prior to your appointment in order to decrease the risk of recurrence.
- History of keloid scars, scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases, bleeding disorders, active bacterial or fungal infection, compromised immune system
- History of facial filler treatment in the past 2 weeks
- Botox within the past 5 days or plan on getting botox within the next 5 days
- Active acne in the area being treated
- Accutane within the last 6 months
- Use of tanning bed, self-tanning products in the last two weeks (this causes an increased risk of post-treatment hyperpigmentation).
- Recent sunburn
Pre Treatment Instructions:
- Avoid any skin treatments such as electrolysis, waxing, IPL, or microdermabrasion in the last 4 weeks.
- It is not necessary to stop retinol products beforehand.
- Make sure the office or your provider is aware if you want to add PRP/PRF (Platelet Rich Plasma/Platelet Rich Fibrin) to your session. PRP/PRF enhances results by using your blood’s natural rejuvenating properties such as increased cell repair and collagen production. Recovery time is also decreased with the addition of PRP/PRF. (When microneedling is combined with PRP/PRF, it is also referred to as the Vampire Facial). Optimal results from PRP/PRF requires avoidance of NSAID type medications (aspirin, IBuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, Naprosyn, and any anti-inflammatory supplements) for 1 WEEK BEFORE, and after the treatment.
- No exercise for 24 hours.
- Minimal sun exposure for 7 days, then good protection with a physical SPF and wide brim hat during prolonged exposure.
- To decrease risk of infection, avoid contact of phone with your face, ensure clean masks are worn, and avoid touching the face with your hands.
- The recovery or downtime is approximately 4 days. Normal skincare and makeup routine can be resumed on day 5.
- Day 1+2 the skin will look red like a bad sunburn; there is a risk of micro bruising as well.
- Day 3+4 three may be some darkening of the skin and peeling. This varies from person to person.
- The skin may be dry, flaky, and a bit sensitive for up to 2 weeks afterwards. Important social events should be scheduled at least 2 weeks after treatment.
- Active ingredients such as retinols, acids, vitamin C can be resumed on Day 5 if the skin is feeling back to baseline.
- Post-care skincare: A mini Post Treatment Lineup is provided complimentary with your first session (after that it must be purchased separately). This lineup includes skincare free of parabens/dyes/fragrances/dimethicone, which can all be harmful during recovery. It is a simple and clean lineup that should be followed in order to ensure smooth and easy healing.
- If you want to gently and safely exfoliate flaky skin, we recommend a Dew Puff sponge. Even a washcloth can be too harsh on the skin during this time.
Have You Reviewed Us Yet?
YOU'RE our WHY. Which is why we rely almost solely on your word of mouth. Your reviews are so appreciated because it helps others begin their skincare journey, and keeps us focused on what we love to do most. We'd love to thank you for sharing why you love PFAM in a Google review here. We'll be sending you a thank you offer for your time.