You should not have PRP therapy done if you have:
- Abnormal platelet function
- Active Systemic Infection
- Active cancer
- Low-platelet count
- Severe anemia
- Wash hair thoroughly the night before your appointment.
- Do not apply any product or sprays in the hair or on the scalp.
- Avoid NSAIDS for 1 week (Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Aspirin, Voltaren)
- Certain nutritional supplements such as Gingo, Garlic, vitamin E/A, Flax Oil, Curcumin and other anti-inflammatory nutrients should also be avoided
- Do not touch, press, rub, or manipulate the treated area(s) for at least 8 hours after your treatment.
- Do not wash hair, get hair wet, or apply products for 24 hours.
- Avoid saunas, steam, swimming for 2 days after your treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, heat and sun exposure for 2 days afterwards.
- Avoid NSAIDS for 1 week (Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Aspirin, Voltaren). Tylenol is ok to use for discomfort.
- It is normal to experience bruising, redness, itching, swelling, and/or soreness that may last from 2-5 days following your treatment.
- Do not apply ice to the treated area.
Go back to Platelet-Rich Plasma Hair Restoration Services.