- To decrease the risk of bruising avoid any blood thinning medications such as aspirin, motrin, and IBuprofen
- You may begin taking oral Arnica pellets starting two days before your treatment and for the week after your treatment to assist with healing and recovery. We do carry these at the office.
- Dental work should not be scheduled within 2 weeks of your appointment.
Post Treatment Instructions
- You may experience swelling, tenderness, itching, pain or bruising at the injection site. These reactions usually last only a few days, however, they might last for as long as two weeks and, in appropriate cases, may need to be treated with oral short term corticosteroids or other therapy. In rare occasions, pustules might form. If this happens, please notify the office or your provider.
- Some visible lumps may occur temporarily following the treatment.
- After treatment, within the first 24 hours you should avoid strenuous exercise, extensive sun or heat exposure and alcoholic beverages. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection sites. If there is swelling, you may need to place an ice pack over the swollen area.
- Light make-up (preferably mineral make-up) and your normal skin care products can be applied and, the treated area can be gently washed with soap and water. Avoid aggressive rubbing/massage of the area for 24 hours.
- You could experience increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site if you are taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen.
- These reactions generally lessen or disappear within a few days but may last for a week or longer. Unless prescribed by your doctor, it is recommended you avoid these medications for several days after your treatment.
- Most patients are pleased with the results of dermal filler. However, like any cosmetic procedure, there is no guarantee that wrinkles and folds disappear completely, or that you will not require additional treatments to achieve the results you seek. While the effects of many fillers last longer than other comparable treatments, the procedure is still temporary. Additional injections will be required periodically, generally within 6-12 months to maintain optimal results.
- Dental work should not be scheduled for at least 2 weeks after your appointment.