There is no doubt I love our locals. But we've been seeing more and more out-of-town clients lately. (I couldn't be more honored!) I want you to make the best out of your PFAM visit, so whether you're a local or coming to La Jolla for the first time, why not make an afternoon out of it?! La Jolla can seem overwhelming - the area is packed with dozens of restaurants, galleries and boutiques. I don't want you to miss out, so I'm making it easy for you. I've compiled my list of favorites into a neighborhood guide. Now, you can spend your time in La Jolla before or after your service at the best spots in our little village. Have fun!
- Zio Skin Spa: My PFAMily already knows how much I love Zio, but I’ll keep singing their praises! I recommend Zio’s organic facials and waxing to all of my clients. Serena and Kelsey are both fantastic, but book up fast so plan ahead.
- Healthy Nails Lounge and Spa: You know I'm all about hand maintenance! The Swift Scan Laser keeps them soft and young, while my manis from Healthy Nails keeps them looking pretty and fun! I'm really into the powder dip treatment lately. Healthy Nails is only two doors down from PFAM. Ask for the owner Mike, he's a dip specialist!
- SL Cosmetic Tattoo: I love a good woman-owned business and this one is no exception! I've been getting my brows micro-bladed by Sarah for almost two years now. She is a brow artist if I've ever seen one. Sarah also does lip tint, areola reconstruction, and scalp micro pigmentation. Some of her newer services like brow straightening and dermaplaning are not to be missed!
- Belle Siren: We are so lucky to be right across the street from Belle Siren. My guy, Reagan Kaalekahi, keeps my ever changing pixie cut fresh as can be. He specializes in creating beautiful blonde locks with that sun-kissed cali vibe. Seriously, I love him!
- Buddhi Yoga: This bright and open local studio is the perfect spot to flow, stretch and find your inner peace. Buddhi offers a variety of classes, like FlowLIFT, Vinyasa Mixed, Slow Flow, Buddhi Flow, Yin Yoga and even Kids Yoga!
- Pilates Plus As much as I love a good run around the neighborhood, I also love to change it up with a low-impact workout that still delivers high-intensity exercise. Pilates Plus has40-minute classes that combine Pilates, cardio and circuit training for a killer workout for any fitness level.
- Herringbone: Herringbone is a La Jolla staple for a reason. This ocean-to-table restaurant offers an intimate atmosphere among gorgeous 100-year-old olive trees. It’s seriously stunning and only a few doors down from PFAM.
- Parakeet Cafe: This health-conscious cafe is my favorite neighborhood breakfast and lunch spot between treatments. The menu is clean eating - perfect for maintaining your glowing skin!
- Brick & Bell: This cozy cafe is one of my favorite spots to go with the kids for a cup of coffee and a scone. They also make one of my favorite açaí bowls! You've got to splurge on one of their mini maple scones...to die for!
- Hi Sweetheart Gift Boutique: Hi Sweetheart, another woman-owned gem in the village, has something for everyone and is hands-down one of my favorite spots to browse on my lunch break. The boutique is packed with unique jewelry, stationery, books, candles and baby gifts. It’s a gift boutique, but you’ll want to keep everything for yourself!
- LFR Designs: LFR Designs is my favorite local jewelry shop for timeless, and beautiful designs. Leslie’s pieces are stylish and refined - perfect for the PFAM woman. Gifts from my husband started to get real good once I told him to just start shopping at LFR for me.
- Amore Boutique: Amore gives La Jolla a stylish taste of Italy. This Italian boutique is filled to the brim with the latest in Italian shoes, clothes and accessories, hand picked by the owner Debora. Actually, the outfit I'm wearing in the main photo here is from Amore. Ciao!
- Gracie James: As Nate Berkus said, a home should tell the story of who you are. Gracie James helps you tell your story (and luckily her style is impeccable). This cute boutique offers succulents, art, home decor, jewelry and even clothes. Let Gracie help you pick the perfect details!
- Aviator Nation: Come back from your treatment looking like a quintessential Californian - retro and beachy. Aviator Nation is perfect for decking out your wardrobe with eclectic apparel so you can keep the beach close to your heart - no matter where you are. Not to miss...their beautiful rainbow floor painted by the owner herself, Paige Mycoskie.
- Shade Boutique: Shade is actually located within Buddhi Yoga, so you nama’stay in one spot for your stretching and your shopping. This mama-owned boutique offers beachy, yoga wear and much much more.
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: Art buffs: this museum is a must-do! MCASD offers an internationally-recognized modern collection and an oceanfront view. It’s the perfect spot to spend a few hours taking in art. It's currently undergoing a huge expansion so be sure to give them a call before you go.
Explore with the Kids
- La Jolla Recreation Center: This historic recreation center has something for everyone in the family: basketball courts, big grassy picnic spaces, tennis backboards, tetherball and everything in between. It’s a fun spot to spend a sunny afternoon (with SPF on deck, of course!). I've probably logged 1000 hours here with the kids!
- La Jolla Cove: The San Diego Zoo is great, but I love to take my kids to the La Jolla Cove for some seal sightseeing! The area is packed with sunbathing and swimming seals and sea lions. So cute!
Book your service, and enjoy the neighborhood!
All my Best,