Pucker up PFAM! We’re bringing life back to those pretty lippies.
Have you ever purchased one of those lip plumping glosses from the local beauty store? I know I have! They look pretty on, tingle a bit, and give the lips some volume... but it never seems to last very long. The reason we try lip plumping gloss in the first place (and the reason we’re sad when it wears off) is that as we age, our youthful lippies lose their natural, hydrated, plump appearance. For a longer lasting rejuvenated lip, filler is an excellent choice. Now I’m not talking about some of those noticeable lip jobs we have all seen on TV and Instagram. I’m talking about very meticulously and tastefully placed filler to reveal the beautifully natural, youthful lips we all dream about. #lipdreams
When a client sits in my chair to have their lips rejuvenated, I always begin with a good conversation before we ever start the treatment. While I am listening to their goals and concerns, I am also watching their mouth move and noticing facial expressions and anatomy, all while picking up on personality and style vibes. With all of this information, I decide which filler and how much of it will best suit the client. There are many choices when it comes to lip filler! It can feel a little overwhelming, but this is also what allows us to find the perfect fit for you, based on your unique goals, natural shape, personality, and style. Taking all of this into account together, we get your beautiful lips looking and feeling exactly how you want in a way that feels authentic and empowering!
Our choices of lip filler have evolved immensely over the last century (yep, the concept of lip filler has really been around for that long)! Today’s product options are very safe, soft, and have amazing tissue integration. This is important because it decreases complications and provides a natural result. At PFAM we exclusively use hyaluronic acid fillers when doing any lip augmentation. Hyaluronic acid is a key molecule that is already naturally occurring in the body, most abundantly in the skin. This key ingredient has a unique capacity to retain water, and when placed into the lip space, beautiful hydration and rejuvenation can be achieved.
Now which product to choose?! Maybe you’ve heard of some of the amazing options out there. Here are a few of my favorites for the lips and why I might choose them for you! It’s also important to know that it’s completely normal and safe to mix and match fillers from visit to visit, depending on what we are striving to achieve.
- Juvederm Volbella - the thinnest option, used for subtle and very natural enhancement. Like a long lasting lip gloss! You’ll be left with soft, and of course wonderfully hydrated, beautiful lips.
- Restylane Kysse - plump up the volume! Kysse is great for building more lip and enhancing your perfect shape, but still in a natural, soft, kissable way.
- Restylane Refyne - still soft but a bit more structured. This allows us to create crisp borders (not that you can't with the others). You’ll love the shape, natural feel, and always the hydration!
Things To Consider Before Your Lip Treatment
Before taking the lip filler plunge, plan ahead and be prepared both physically and mentally. By physical preparation I mean:
- Avoid NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc), fish oil, and alcohol for at least 48 hours prior to treatment in order to minimize bleeding and bruising.
- Consider taking arnica tabs 1-2 weeks pre and post treatment to aid in healing of swelling and bruising.
And mental preparation is just as important. Here’s what you need to know:
- When considering a lip filler treatment, know that there is always a potential for swelling and bruising. Even with the best precautions in place, be prepared for two weeks of healing in the event that you do bruise or swell.
- Also know that slow and steady is the best approach for natural lip enhancement. Depending on your goals, consider there may be a need for more than one visit.
- Lastly, plan for maintenance. Once you fall in love with your results, you will want them to last!
Our hope at PFAM is that you look in the mirror and fall in love with what you see. Enhancing our beauty can take us to new levels of confidence and helps our personalities shine. Lip enhancements with filler are one of the many ways we can achieve the elevated, beautiful confidence we all deserve.
I am always so honored and grateful to be trusted to enhance your perfect face. Consultations are always complimentary and such a great way to get started. We can chat, create your #lipdream plan, and then make it come true!
Book your lip filler appointment here.